This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your agreement with LocalTel Communications. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this document LocalTel Communications may suspend or terminate your account without notice. By accepting service from LocalTel Communications you agree to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy as well as our Terms and Conditions which can be found at www.LocalTel.net
LocalTel Communications Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for LocalTel Communications Services is designed to help protect LocalTel Communications, LocalTel Communications customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by LocalTel Communications. LocalTel Communications reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time.
Prohibited Uses of LocalTel Communications Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of content that violates child pornography statutes or contains graphic visual depictions of sexual acts or sexually explicit conduct involving children, or other depictions of children, the primary appeal of which is prurient.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through LocalTel Communications servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on LocalTel Communications servers, is prohibited. LocalTel Communications accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service, redistribution to other homes or businesses, excessive uploading, or the resale of its services.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by LocalTel Communications customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any LocalTel Communications-hosted domain, or referencing any LocalTel Communications account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing or denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org or any other authorized database of known Spam operations.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any LocalTel Communications customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the LocalTel Communications network or on another provider's network.
- Using LocalTel Communications Services to interfere with the use of the LocalTel Communications network by other customers or authorized users.
- Using LocalTel Communications Service to engage in any conduct that interferes with LocalTel Communications ability to provide service to others, including the use of excessive bandwidth. LocalTel Communications may use various tools and techniques in order to efficiently manage its networks and to ensure compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy (Network Management Tools). These may include detecting malicious traffic patterns and preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code, limiting the number of peer-to-peer sessions a user can conduct at the same time, limiting the aggregate bandwidth available for certain usage protocols and such other Network Management Tools as LocalTel Communications may from time to time determine appropriate.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each LocalTel Communications customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from LocalTel Communications, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a LocalTel Communications customer will be forwarded to the LocalTel Communications customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the LocalTel Communications Acceptable Use Policy occur, LocalTel Communications reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating LocalTel Communications AUP as LocalTel Communications deems appropriate, without notice. LocalTel Communications reserves the right to refuse service to anyone without cause.